[FoRK] what tech will your kids never use?

Dave Long dave.long at bluewin.ch
Mon Feb 25 08:20:50 PST 2013

How about vestigial tech?

Is there anything from our childhood which no longer serves its
original purpose, but has worked its way sufficiently into the
culture that people continue to make new versions anyway?

(in much the same fashion that only a few people keep livestock in
their front yard anymore, but many more like having a gate --even one
unconnected with any fence-- across their driveway.  or that many
women wear tall boots, of which only a few pairs are suitable for
mud, let alone riding)

-Dave

:: :: ::

Or, easier, what about swaps: when I grew up, video came by wireless,
and data was carried over wired audio channels; now video comes over
wires, and audio is carried over wireless data channels?