[FoRK] what tech will your kids never use?

Sean Conner sean at conman.org
Mon Feb 25 17:52:59 PST 2013

It was thus said that the Great Bill Kearney once stated:
> >  A bit from a blog entry [1] I wrote about an oh-so-wonderful trip to
> >Orando my SO and I took a few years ago
>
> Well, that's a fine example of where a smart phone for nav is certainly a
> winner.  But for planning out where you're thinking about going, not when
> you're actually en-route, there's a lot to be said for a tourism-oriented
> map.  As in, the family sitting at the table picking from what's shown.
> Not just drilling down through a ton of crappy yelp reviews..

  This is Orlando, and in case you (or others on this list) are not familiar
with Orlando, it's in central Florida and is a tourist mecca.  You have
Disney World, EPCOT, Animal Kingdom, Universal Studios, Sea World, and the
Holy Land Experience, just off the top of my head [1].

  -spc (Oooh!  Almost forgot Blue Man Group!)

[1]	And not off the top of my head:
	http://www.viator.com/Orlando-tours/d663-ttd?pref=02&aid=g5847