[FoRK] map search

J. Andrew Rogers andrew at jarbox.org
Sat Mar 2 08:16:44 PST 2013

On Mar 2, 2013, at 7:32 AM, Kelley Howell <kcwalker at inkworkswell.com> wrote:

> Sorry. I forget my audience sometimes. :) Map as in "I want to book a hotel in Raleigh, NC that's close to my client's site."

What kinds of data types, data sets (type and size), update rates, and queries (type and rate) are involved? Unless the total data set size being searched is small, design choices here will bleed into the user experience.

> I'm working on the interface and user experience.

Does it cover the whole Earth or is it geographically constrained?

There are best practices, but many of them are conditional on the nature and scope of the app.

Andrew