[FoRK] Fwd: Evernote Security Notice: Service-wide Password Reset

Stephen Williams sdw at lig.net
Sat Mar 2 11:34:20 PST 2013

Dear SpearPhisher:

If I had time to screw with you, you would be sorry.

Hmm.  Worldwide club / company.  Members agree to pursue crackers in their own country on behalf of their club members, angling
for local legal standing to file complaints.  Share filing templates. Knowledge base of individuals and organizations.  Solicit
network, service, and other professionals.  File lawsuits with discovery to follow the money.

Ignore law enforcement until the effort is big and effective enough.  They only get involved once you've been scammed, when it's
too late to track the attack usually.  And what if you are good enough to identify, filter, and track each scam back?
Impossible to get anyone's attention, unless there is a direct and immediate terrorist tie-in I suspect.

We need "marked money": The next transaction on my account is likely a scam, follow the money and report it to a fraud
department, even through multiple hops, and holding any account where cash is attempted to be withdrawn (or capture the ATM /
bank image).

Stephen