[FoRK] [FoSDW] Hot Trend: Tapping the Power of Cold to Lose Weight, Brown Fat and Thermal Dieting

Gregory Alan Bolcer greg at bolcer.org
Sat Mar 2 15:13:45 PST 2013

> Did you swim with just swim trunks or a shortie wetsuit or something?

Standard OC Lifeguard rigueur.  Le Speedo.

68-72 is perfect & sustainable for hours.

I've had to do tryouts in 48F ocean with 12 foot waves coming in.  You
can't breath for 30 seconds at a time and your head feels like an ice
cream headache.  2/3'ds the people just give up and go in. When you get
out, it feels like your swimsuit is full of sand because all your "fat"
feels like dead weight it's so numb.

You get to learn your own personal hypothermia limits really fast & use
them to your advantage.

Greg