[FoRK] Fwd: Evernote Security Notice: Service-wide Password Reset

Adam L Beberg beberg at mithral.com
Sat Mar 2 15:53:31 PST 2013

Vanilla phisher.

Stephen Williams wrote on 3/2/2013 11:34 AM:
> We need "marked money": The next transaction on my account is likely a
> scam, follow the money and report it to a fraud department, even through
> multiple hops, and holding any account where cash is attempted to be
> withdrawn (or capture the ATM / bank image).

You seem to be under the impression that this isn't how things work
already. Digital money is 100% traceable 100% of the time.

e.g. Almost all online prescription drugs sales on the planet goes back
to one of ~ three banks, they are the only ones that will give them
merchant accounts. Those three banks are owned by the same folks that
own the other banks, but are in places where politicians can extract
their cut. They can take a larger than usual percentage on those
accounts - so every bank would LOVE to be able to be directly in that
business. There is a EE380 talk from a while back with some details - oh
and they always got real drugs, fakes are bad for business.

Scams make more money then anything legit. And it's just about
impossible for a bank to beat inflation with rates so low - they have no
choice if they want to stay in business. Everyone knows inflation is
well over what a bank can loan money out at, that 30 year 3% loan you
have is them LOSING money, which they need to make up some other way.
Pay day loans, rent to own, you name it.

So government could ban the bank transactions and find all the criminal
money flows any time they wanted to, but the global banking system would
collapse a few hours later and a billion people would starve. Not that
that matters, the problem is that money would stop flowing into the
reelection funds, and THAT is something we can't allow ;)

--
Adam L. Beberg