[FoRK] ELF .so encryption contract work, probably resulting in open source

Stephen D. Williams sdw at lig.net
Wed Mar 13 19:43:06 PDT 2013

We need the ability to encrypt the code in code segments of an ELF .so, for Linux / Android at least, with an AES key and also
decrypt it in memory after loading by libdl using the same key.  Key management is out of scope.  Might want selective
decryption/encryption.  Signed code is in scope.  Result will probably be releasable as open source.

This is something that should already exist, we need it, and I can pay for it.  If you know anyone interested, please connect us.

I could do it in 1-3 weeks, but that's not going to happen anytime soon for a long todo list of reasons.

Stephen