[FoRK] Women With Both High Math and Verbal Ability Appear Less Likely to Choose Science Careers Because Their Dual Skills Confer More Career Options

Reza B'Far (Oracle) reza.bfar at oracle.com
Mon Apr 8 16:21:45 PDT 2013

Don't know... but I think the percentage of women is higher in sales
related to engineering/sciences than in development of
engineering/sciences [completely based on experience, I have no data to
back this up].  So, what I'm saying is that women make more in sales
than they do in engineering/sciences because everyone (male/female) can
make more (and probably has more upward mobility long term with less
risk) in sales than in engineering/sciences.  I would probably guess
that men and women are equally attracted to higher paying jobs (assuming
you really are talking about the trade-off between money and other
things versus just making more money - I mean, who doesn't want to make
more money?)