[FoRK] Women With Both High Math and Verbal Ability Appear Less Likely to Choose Science Careers Because Their Dual Skills Confer More Career Options

Damien Morton dmorton at bitfurnace.com
Mon Apr 8 17:14:32 PDT 2013

So this is not a response to the STEM question  but I have a friend who is
in finance and she is an intelligent woman, and her complaint is basically
that "these people are so smart but they are basically retards"
- over-focussed, with no social skills. Finance geeks.

I'm sure that the same kind of critique is levelled at science geeks as
with finance geeks.

What is desired is not just money or success but social standing.