[FoRK] I'm on Linux bitch, I thought you GNU

Joseph S. Barrera III joe at barrera.org
Thu Apr 11 16:37:35 PDT 2013

On 4/10/2013 11:14 PM, Stephen D. Williams wrote:

 > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njos57IJf-0

I have to admit, I never really thought about what OS HAL 9000 ran on.
Maybe because I first saw the film before I knew what an OS was?

Actually, I suspect HAL (like Watson) would trivially port from one OS
to another. Trivial at least compared to the effort in the implementation.

As it turns out, Watson runs on SUSE Linux ES 11. Not too surprising,
except that when I was at IBM, RHEL seemed to be the preferred Linux.

- Joe