[FoRK] Raspberry Pi + Qt5 + OpenGL = awesome

Gregory Alan Bolcer greg at bolcer.org
Thu Apr 11 17:18:51 PDT 2013

Lisp at the large scale software level is tough, as it's all macro-based
and no abstraction.

When you were testing against big data sets too, you could test your
code and it would take tens of minutes to figure out if you did
something correctly.  If you figured you did, you could compile it which
took 5's of minutes, and the code would run 100x faster, but if you did
something stupid, it would crash cryptically.

One very early morning after about 8 days of straight coding, I was
dreaming about moving blocks of parenthesized code around.  I bolted
straight up in bed at about 4am, walked into the lab, jumped straight to
where the code was, added a parens, and voila, it worked.

Greg