[FoRK] Raspberry Pi + Qt5 + OpenGL = awesome

Joseph S. Barrera III joe at barrera.org
Thu Apr 11 17:26:28 PDT 2013

 > Lisp at the large scale software level is tough, as it's all
macro-based and no abstraction.

Hmm. I have to say, I can't imagine programming in any language today
that didn't have classes. C is OK because it's pretty simple to do
structs with function pointers (all methods virtual). I think device
drivers in UNIX circa 1971 did this. In fact when I first learned about
C++ I was quite unimpressed because I had been doing C with ad-hoc
classes for some time by that point. I was like "this is just syntactic
sugar! Why are people getting so excited?"

But surely modern LISPs have classes? CLOS? Dunno, I've only heard about
these things.

- Joe