[FoRK] Speaking of Qt

Joseph S. Barrera III joe at barrera.org
Fri Apr 12 00:46:23 PDT 2013

On 4/12/2013 12:32 AM, Damien Morton wrote:

 > Vernor Vinge - the programmer archaeologist -
 > http://www.hpcf.upr.edu/~humberto/programmer-archaeologist.html

If, by some cruel twist of fate, I end up living forever (or for
centuries), I guess I could imagine doing that.

As a teenager I bought a copy of some denotational semantics book (from
Tower Books and Records in Mountain View, just down the road from the
Byte Shop) and was devastated when someone spilled punch on it at an HP
company picnic. This was, I think, somewhere in the 1730s. In undergrad
(at Harvey Mudd, which at that time had no CS major), I wanted to
concentrate on programming language design. So I guess it all fits.

- Joe