[FoRK] C++11 / STL, Re: Raspberry Pi + Qt5 + OpenGL = awesome

Joseph S. Barrera III joe at barrera.org
Fri Apr 12 12:52:21 PDT 2013

 >> On http://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-4.8/cxx0x_status.html it says "GCC
provides experimental support for the 2011 ISO C++ standard." That
"experimental" doesn't sound so good.

 > Why not?  Does this invoke some specific fear?

The specific fear is I'll spend time converting our code to work with
gcc 4.8/C++ 11 (we currently use gcc 4.1 and 4.4, sadly) and then find
that things are too broken and I have to revert my changes. Maybe it's
unfounded. If I end up working with our C++ code again (which is
probably just a matter of time) I will surely give gcc >= 4.8 a try.

- Joe