[FoRK] Bitcoin: "tied cryptologically to all the criminal activities that contributed to its shared value"

Gregory Alan Bolcer greg at bolcer.org
Tue Apr 16 12:18:45 PDT 2013

> It doesn't matter at all in either case.  If someone gave you stolen
> goods, which are not money, in the US at least, then you can't take
> them.  This is one reason I don't understand the final outcome of this:
> http://laptopiniran.tumblr.com/

Wow, I'm guessing that the people identified in the pictures live in
fear of the state. Even though they aren't the original criminals, they
probably committing some minor crime that could ensue in very harsh
punishment if documented by the pictures.  I think they still cut off
people's hands in Iran.

I'm assuming he doesn't want her hands chopped off.

> While there is some tracking for "conflict diamonds", doing something
> similar for gold, in general, is pretty tough.  And you could use
> similar reasoning as above to make the case that any gold not freshly
> mined is blood-gold, probably many times over.

You can super-mildly irradiate gold post-smelting.

Greg