[FoRK] FoRK Digest, Vol 115, Issue 15

Dave Long dave.long at bluewin.ch
Thu Apr 18 03:37:48 PDT 2013

> But money or other fungible money-like commodities are generic
> stored value.

SVETONIVS SCRIPSIT
> REPREHENDENTI FILIO TITO QVOD ETIAM VRINAE VECTIGAL COMMENTVS ESSET
> PECVNIAM EX PRIMA PENSIONE ADMOVIT AD NARES SCISCITANS NVM ODORE
> OFFENDERETVR ET ILLO NEGANTE ATQVI INQVIT E LOTIO EST

-Dave

:: :: ::

>  And the land you live on was stolen from American Indians, etc.

Sometimes one has to go much farther back; my house's title is from
an area which (pace a short (~15 year), uncontested, napoleonic
interregnum and despite frequent medieval troubles with the savoyards
further to the west) seems to have followed a string of relatively
peaceful successions ever since the romans grabbed it from (nos
ancêtres les) celts in the early -I.  (admittedly, the local politics
may have had fuller and franker discussions in an earlier age, and it
could be the burgundians fought elsewhere in order to wind up with it
upon the roman collapse ca. V, but the XI transition into the holy
roman empire was due to failure of issue, not force)