[FoRK] Bitcoin hits $1 Billion

Joseph S. Barrera III joe at barrera.org
Thu Apr 18 23:27:59 PDT 2013

On 4/16/2013 7:16 AM, Eugen Leitl wrote:
 > On Mon, Apr 15, 2013 at 07:04:45PM -0700, Joseph S. Barrera III wrote:
 >> Wow -- all I can say is, thank God I sold all my bitcoins at the right
 >> time and put it in something safe... gold.
 >
 > Heh. I would buy both, but for different reasons.

I just hate the idea of investing in gold. What productive activity does
it create? Digging metal out of the ground. I'd rather invest in
companies trying to do useful things and maybe even improve our lives.

And investing in bitcoins is even worse -- it just serves to motivate
people to waste electricity and create CO2 for no good reason. At least
gold has its uses.

- Joe