[FoRK] Fwd: Fwd: [Mailman-Users] 2.0r1: admin pages don't gork passwords

Stephen Williams sdw at lig.net
Mon May 6 20:08:10 PDT 2013

I've seen cases where Word or something complains about two spaces,
perhaps on pasted text.  But it renders with two spaces worth of space
after the end of each sentence.

So, when writing in email or simple web publishing where the space won't
be magically expanded, you have to write with two spaces to preformat
for the wider space.

I do see that in some technical books I have on hand that there is only
an inter-word space after the period.  However, others clearly have
double spacing.  I know that most novels use double-spacing at the end
of sentences.

Sure, in source text for typesetting you should let the typesetting /
layout system decide on spacing.  But if you are targeting non-typeset
systems, then???  Of course a typsetting snob is going to prefer data
configured for their system.  Perhaps they can learn how to search and
replace?

Stephen