[FoRK] End of Sentence Marker, was: Re: Fwd: Fwd: [Mailman-Users] 2.0r1: admin pages don't gork passwords

Stephen Williams sdw at lig.net
Mon May 6 20:52:34 PDT 2013

I had speed reading for a quarter in 7th grade using an old clacky
modified projector.  I maxed it out at 1000 wpm with passable
comprehension.  One of the very few technology items available in the
outback of Ohio.

I started fairly fast since I'd been reading everything, but it may have
made some difference in focusing on and measuring speed.

Hmm, is there a pattern here?  Who else had speed reading of some kind?

It is debatable whether justified text is more readable than ragged
right left justified text.  In particular, uneven inter-word spacing can
confuse end-of-sentence sensing, although usually that is stretched in a
proportional way.  Mildly justified, wide columns probably do enhance up
to a point.  Giving each line more flavor in visual feel by changing up
the otherwise monotonous inter-word spacing might enhance recognition
and definitely helps with line tracking (not accidentally jumping to the
next line in the middle of a scan).