[FoRK] End of Sentence Marker, was: Re: Fwd: Fwd: [Mailman-Users] 2.0r1: admin pages don't gork passwords

Joseph S. Barrera III joe at barrera.org
Mon May 6 21:54:43 PDT 2013

 > I feel that I make extra eye movements to find and verify periods,
which are often very tiny, when I don't also have sentence spacing markers.

That's fascinating. The capital letters at the beginning of sentences
don't help?

I also read very quickly and yet I've never cared about extra spaces
after a period.

 > Those who see no value in the wide marking space must be word-by-word
readers or somehow similarly insensitive to taking big bites of text at
1000 wpm.

Not necessarily true. Sometimes I'll walk into an area and I'll have
sentences in my brain and I'm not sure where they came from -- then I
have to look around at all the various sources of text (magazines,
package labels, etc) to figure out where those sentences came from.

- Joe