[FoRK] outsourcing back end

Joseph S. Barrera III joe at barrera.org
Tue May 7 15:19:42 PDT 2013

On 5/7/2013 3:05 PM, Ken Meltsner wrote:

 > Do they?  My experience is probably dated, then.  You need to decide
 > whether 98% compatibility is sufficient, or whatever number you can pull
 > out of your hat.

I'm not even using jQuery that much for what I'm doing.

I use a tiny bit of JavaScript to create some empty tables, then
populate everything using DOM, and use a lot of callbacks to react to
user input and update the page. I'm sticking to basic input types (e.g.
gave up on specialized date inputs), but I could use snazzier inputs if
I relied on jQuery more.

For the most part I'm just using jQuery for AJAX to send and retrieve
data asynchronously to/from the back end.

- Joe