[FoRK] outsourcing back end

Joseph S. Barrera III joe at barrera.org
Tue May 7 16:43:04 PDT 2013

On 5/7/2013 4:35 PM, Owen Byrne wrote:

 > The actual architecture (single threaded with asynchronous callbacks)
 > makes it quite a bit easier to wrap your head around than some
 > other multi-processing architectures like say, Java multithreading.

But isn't single threading kind of out of step with modern architectural
trends, with pretty much every processor being multicore, especially
those on servers?

- Joe

P.S. I've been helping my stepson study for the AP Computer Science
test. It's basically "learn Java". I was a bit dismayed to see that they
test neither on exceptions nor on threading. Threading, OK, I guess I
can see that. But to not cover exceptions?! And in place to cover the
waterfall model and UML?