[FoRK] Multicore, async segmented sequential models, Re: outsourcing back end

Joseph S. Barrera III joe at barrera.org
Wed May 8 09:07:49 PDT 2013

On 5/8/2013 2:15 AM, Stephen D. Williams wrote:

 > As this points out, you can get multiple processes to handle
connections on a single listener in Linux:

http://developer.yahoo.com/blogs/ydn/multi-core-http-server-nodejs-8037.html

Yes, and I'm still chewing through that article plus your responses to it.

But it all seems a bit bolted-on, trying to make node.js do something it
wasn't designed to do.

So... do you (or anyone else here) have any experience with Erlang? Of
course, now we're away from the "same language on client and server",
but that's probably the less interesting aspect of node.js.

- Joe