[FoRK] Multicore, async segmented sequential models

Aaron Burt aaron at bavariati.org
Thu May 9 09:32:57 PDT 2013

On Thu, May 09, 2013 at 08:39:54AM -0700, J. Andrew Rogers wrote:
> MongoDB has been invaluable when teaching database engine design. It
> allows me to tie specific naive design elements you would never expect to
> see in real systems to real-world database meltdowns and failures. It
> plays Goofus to the rest of the industry's Gallant.

But a very charming Goofus.  Who seduces naive coders with sweet promises
of data persistence that's even simpler than ActiveRecord, and like,
totally scalable and stuff.  The Ops guys keep saying it's "web scale" and
giggling, so that must be a good thing, right?

Performs well on Powerpoint slides,
  Aaron