[FoRK] Multicore, async segmented sequential models

Ken Meltsner meltsner at alum.mit.edu
Thu May 9 11:35:55 PDT 2013

On Thu, May 9, 2013 at 1:15 PM, Stephen Williams <sdw at lig.net> wrote:

> Savvy real-world comments on the best of these for different kinds of
> tasks would be very helpful to avoid recapitulating the pain of wasted
> exploration.  Most things work well enough in a prototype, and most fail in
> annoying ways at scale.  These days, we ought to have a rich development
> and data model, very simple install and management from embedded, single
> instance, to scaled, redundant, replicating, etc.
>
>     Aaron
>>

> sdw

Yes, it would be nice, but real experience appears to be more valuable than
software these days since people often give away the latter.

OrientDB looks interesting as well, and has a business-friendly license (as
opposed to Neo4J).  Not to mention a relatively broad set of add-ons from
the Tinkerpop/Blueprints world.

http://www.orientdb.org/

https://github.com/tinkerpop/blueprints/wiki

Ken