[FoRK] Multicore, async segmented sequential models

Joseph S. Barrera III joe at barrera.org
Thu May 9 12:03:58 PDT 2013

On 5/9/2013 11:35 AM, Ken Meltsner wrote:

 > Yes, it would be nice, but real experience appears to be more
valuable than
 > software these days since people often give away the latter.

"At one point a joke made the rounds among the physics community that
discoverers of new particles should no longer be given the Nobel prize;
they should be heavily fined instead."

(http://www.vectorsite.net/tpqm_15.html)

I think we need to start fining people for developing new languages,
databases, frameworks, etc. Especially when they suck.

- Joe