[FoRK] Multicore, async segmented sequential models

Stephen Williams sdw at lig.net
Thu May 9 18:56:39 PDT 2013

No way: All technology older than 10 years has to be retired completely
in favor of new solutions. Anything that doesn't have at least biennial
updates is deprecated.

SQL has a few good concepts, but pretty much all implementations mimic
the major mistakes made in implementing the model, such as fixed format
tables.

And Knights of the Circular Queue can vote to veto any sufficiently
broken technology (in the past, ODBC) to force a rewrite of broken
technology that becomes firmly entrenched.