[FoRK] outsourcing back end

Stephen Williams sdw at lig.net
Fri May 10 01:06:31 PDT 2013

On 5/10/13 12:31 AM, Eugen Leitl wrote:
> On Wed, May 08, 2013 at 08:02:45PM -0700, Stephen D. Williams wrote:
>>> Ok, you can serialize JS to JSON, but it's not so easy
>>> to generate JS code. (Of course you could http://lisperator.net/slip/
>>> but).
>> It's not easy to generate JS code?  In what sense?
>> https://github.com/kripken/emscripten/wiki/Tutorial
> In the Koza GP sense. There was a reason he did it in CL,
> well-formed SEXPRs are ridiculously easy to generate
> randomly.

True.  And cool.  I have all 3 or 4 books...  He tries to state that he's solved the whole problem even though the key step of
identifying and solving subproblems and setting up the problem itself correctly leads directly to many solutions.  What
operations are allowed?  What are the constraints?  What does success look like?  These amount to the person setting up the
problem more or less solving it by that enabled and constrained environment.

In any case, you could create a Javascript generator that generated restricted Javascript, perhaps exactly equal to the random
CL code permutations.