[FoRK] Parallella now runs Ubuntu

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Mon May 13 02:51:04 PDT 2013

Should have gone for the 64-core 199 USD kit.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/adapteva/parallella-a-supercomputer-for-everyone/posts/478271

Parallella now runs Ubuntu!

Update #35 · May 11, 2013 · 7 comments

Great news, the Parallella is now a real computer!! The gigabit ethernet port
is working and the full Ubuntu desktop version is up and running! The full
story is posted at  parallella.org.

Our goal is to ship the first 100 Parallella boards to early access backers
by the second week of June.

Since we are getting close to shipping the first boards, here are a couple of
reminders.

Don't worry about sending us your shipping addresses. We will send out an
email to confirm shipping addresses before shipping.  Just make sure you put
admin at parallella.org in your "good guy" contact list to avoid the email
getting lost in your spam filter.  If you you want to order more Parallella
boards you need to make a reservation by providing your email address at
parallella.org. We have 11K reservations so far! We will soon allow
pre-purchasing of Parallella boards and those who reserved a board will get
first dibs. (NOTE! Pre-purchased boards will only ship after we have
fulfilled all of our commitments to you (our KS backers).