[FoRK] HireRight -- employment background checks -- be prepared to give your ENTIRE work history

Damien Morton dmorton at bitfurnace.com
Tue May 14 11:11:47 PDT 2013

When I was working for a large bank in London, they had me fill out a
similar form, that wanted the address and phone number of every primary and
secondary school I went to. They also wanted me to account for any time i
spent travelling, i.e. not in employment, and wanted statements from my
accountant to cover that time (presumably so they could know i wasn't in
jail or something). I had already been working for these guys for 2 years
in New York, so it seemed a bit late to do a security screening.

Go only knows what happens to all these details. Its a bit like the arrival
cards you fill in when travelling internationally - I wish they would
standardise them internationally so I could get a bunch pre-printed.