[FoRK] HireRight -- employment background checks -- be prepared to give your ENTIRE work history

Gregory Alan Bolcer greg at bolcer.org
Tue May 14 12:48:55 PDT 2013

Quite a few years ago, Myspace wanted my high school transcripts for a
chief scientist job (at the then-soon-to-be-created Myspace labs).  I
had graduated from high school in 1985, 20+ years before this position
was even an inkling in my eye.

They also didn't really believe I had a 4.0 for my PhD courses nor a
3.71 for my MS courses.  In fact the HR person at News Corp was
downright skeptical that I had that high of a GPA.  I think she knew
something I didn't.

Greg