[FoRK] HireRight -- employment background checks -- be prepared to give your ENTIRE work history

Joseph S. Barrera III joe at barrera.org
Tue May 14 23:45:10 PDT 2013

 > I won't even tell you guys about government mandated guidelines for
mortgage refinancing at this point...

 > Gawd forbid you ever took a *voluntary* pay cut in exchange for
equity worth a minimum of several multiples of that cut any time in your
life.

Is it that they don't like your current salary and are not accounting
for the equity, or is it that the bare fact of the pay cut that
indicates to them that your income is not "stable"?

I may have mentioned this before, but I've seen Bank of Ass* claim that
the feds required this and that for a mortgage, but then my credit union
appeared to be under no such requirements. Who knows, maybe the fed
requirements really are different between big banks and credit unions?
At any rate, the refinance (actually, two different refinances for two
different houses) were a lot easier with the credit union (Meriwest).

BTW, Katy had the hardest time explaining to Bank of Ass that even
though she only WORKS n months of the year, she actually gets PAID 12
months of the year. The fact that she earned extra money in the summer
further bothered them because her income fluctuated and thus was not
"stable".

- Joe

P.S. Apologies for subject/verb and tense errors. I'm tired.

*That is what B of A stands for, right?
--
Sent from my CDC 6600