[FoRK] [info] (highscalability.com) The Secret to 10 Million Concurrent Connections -The Kernel is the Problem, Not the Solution

Stephen Williams sdw at lig.net
Mon May 20 01:38:35 PDT 2013

As someone on page comments pointed out, this has been thought of and done before:
http://pdos.csail.mit.edu/exo.html

I thought of doing it and talked about it here at some point. Somewhat similar to this is implementing NFS in a user-space
library, which has been done several times apparently.  Intel was part of a group that was going to do something supporting this
with a number of device drivers, virtualizing them to processes, ACE or similar.

Let me know when they have something useful actually running.

Stephen