[FoRK] today

Aaron Burt aaron at bavariati.org
Fri May 31 12:05:00 PDT 2013

On Fri, May 31, 2013 at 10:09:18AM -0700, Adam L Beberg wrote:
> And yes, I'm hiring for people to work on an Apple project. But
> everyone on this list is trying to hire aren't they :)

Oh, you Silly Valley guys. ;)
It's beyond me how anything gets done there, with the chronic talent
shortage (at least while VC money is flowing.)  NYC is worse, though.  No
idea why it's so hard to lure techies there, but it's making my job harder.

Currently looking at a startup with front-office stuff in SF and ops stuff
in Portland.  Seems to maximize their access to money and exec talent vs.
access to tech resources.  True nerds don't notice the rain here.

Congrats to Joe,
  Aaron