[FoRK] today

Joseph S. Barrera III joe at barrera.org
Sat Jun 1 15:05:53 PDT 2013

On 6/1/2013 12:35 PM, Bill Kearney wrote:
> I'd chose Seattle over the Valley, if just because it doesn't all look
> like the same boring-ass office park.  The Valley's just one huge-ass
> clone of a New Jersey office park, but without the shitty winter
> weather and crappy attitude from the locals

It depends on what you define (Silicon) Valley to be. There are many
nice residential bits and parks, more so the further away you get from
the "golden triangle" (101 / 237 / 880). Try Los Gatos or Saratoga for
woodsy places, or Niles for an older town, or Pacifica for ocean
views... the last two are more affordable and still are reasonable
commutes to most places in Silicon Valley.

- Joe