[FoRK] looking for a secure dumbphone

Stephen D. Williams sdw at lig.net
Sun Jun 2 10:32:33 PDT 2013

That's terrible.  I know there is talk of police policy or local laws to limit this kind of thing.  I'm unclear what the local
policies are.  Having very good cameras, an autonomous UAV locked onto a vehicle (good startup idea), etc. would allow "pursuit"
without a car chase.

Noticed this:
http://www.kristieslaw.org/victimsNational.htm
> *"Think about this...
> Nationally, we say about one-third of our police pursuits conclude in a collision. You tell me another law enforcement activity
> where one-third of the time it goes bad and they continue to do it." high-speed chase is one of the few times when police officers
> will knowingly put the lives of innocent civilians at risk."
> *---Capt. Travis Yates, Tulsa, OK, Police Department and /*policedriving.com*/ <http://www.policedriving.com/>, August 3, 2008

Police behaving badly in traffic, even to write a speeding ticket, is a thing.  A bad thing.  Is this just a recruiting thing?
Can't attract new state patrols if they can't do unregulated car chases?