[FoRK] Hear Ye, Future Deep Throats: This Is How to Leak to the Press | Wired Opinion | Wired.com

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Mon Jun 10 03:54:37 PDT 2013

On Sun, Jun 09, 2013 at 03:55:55PM -0700, Stephen Williams wrote:

> If they're not watching a public list by a lot of well-connected

Analyst eyeball time is expensive, so only pre-filtered information
with sufficient cumulative score will be reviewed. Obviously they're
mining (the *real*) social networks very deeply, so you might receive
closer scrutiny just because you know somebody who knows somebody
of interest. I expect that effectively every significant online
information is being evaluated (with some having data profile depth
of multiple years to several decades), so there'll be considerable
fluctuation in your score.

It's pretty easy to increase your score, use your imagination.
(Of course once you're on the no-fly list it's pretty hard to
get off it again, and it's a great punitive tool, even better
than endless attention from the IRS).