[FoRK] Ok, what are they actually saying?

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Mon Jun 10 04:46:24 PDT 2013

On Sun, Jun 09, 2013 at 04:36:06PM -0700, Lucas Gonze wrote:
> I'm trying to parse this baroque language. What does it mean that company

It is quite informative to analyze the language, and see what
they they were trying very hard *not* to say, and where they
actually lied through their teeth. It's probably not a good
use of your time, though, unless you're a prosecutor.

> systems don't offer a download feature, if they support FBI computers on
> the premises that perform data export?

I don't see the finer point into digging in these specific
(slimy, smelly) entrails, by now fuzzed over with deliberately
planted misinformation.

I would just take this as a welcome opportunity that, yes,
everything that is interceptable is intercepted, so make sure
systems under your control leak as little as possible, and
if you have any spare synapseseconds, look into reviving and
polishing up http://www.inrialpes.fr/planete/people/chneuman/OE.html
so that it can be accepted by Linux/*BSD mainline as
an option that can be activated.

Now, that would be just great.