[FoRK] Hear Ye, Future Deep Throats: This Is How to Leak to the Press | Wired Opinion | Wired.com

Gregory Alan Bolcer greg at bolcer.org
Mon Jun 10 08:21:52 PDT 2013

The first rule of staying off the radar of security lists, is not to
talk about security lists.

My friend learned that the hard way on a routine flight to san jose, a
wayward joke not long after 9-11 got him an easy SSSS, secondary
screening security selection.   Namely, passengers who make jokes while
being asked about dangerous materials or other person's bags.  (I told
him he was an idiot as I had to wait for him).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secondary_Security_Screening_Selection#Selection_criteria

In 1994, I told a friend of mine that the FBI kept a file on everyone in
the US.  He incredulously (and rightly) told me that was not true. I
said, let me prove it, file a FOIA request to see your FBI file and they
will open a file on you with exactly one document, your FOIA request.

Post hoc ergo propter hoc....

Greg