[FoRK] [liberationtech] Boundless Informant: the NSA's secret tool to track global surveillance data

Gregory Alan Bolcer greg at bolcer.org
Mon Jun 10 08:35:14 PDT 2013

Direct access would imply that the data provider would be able to
capture and understand the queries that were being made on the data.

The NSA does not want the data providers to know the specific queries or
general patterns of queries that were being made on the data, therefore
the NSA and other agencies would *never* use direct access.

You would set up an information capture that was a wide blanket, and
then you would submit the specific queries once it was under your control.

That's the logical way to do it while protecting the intel gathering and
analysis procedures being used, and in fact that seems to be what happened.

Greg