[FoRK] Forwarded without comment

Stephen Williams sdw at lig.net
Wed Jun 12 09:42:52 PDT 2013

On 6/12/13 9:13 AM, Udhay Shankar N wrote:
> http://fork-free.tumblr.com/
>
>     @tinysubversions <https://twitter.com/tinysubversions> Did you know that the widespread modern overbite is attributable to
>     the adoption of forks? theatlantic.com/health/archive… <http://t.co/Ak4pMV14rm>
>
>     — Shane Liesegang (@OptimistPanda) June 4, 2013 <https://twitter.com/OptimistPanda/status/341964618102611968>
>
> Forks are unnatural. It’s our imperative to excise them from our lives.

This _is_ part of our natural evolution.  Perhaps our main brain-building mutation from other primates concerns having a weaker
jaw.  The fork may have been our latest evolutionary step, leading to real science and civilization which seems highly correlated.

http://news.sciencemag.org/sciencenow/2004/03/24-03.html
http://www.nature.com/news/2004/040322/full/news040322-9.html

Various back-to-(supposed)-nature, various forms of vegan, etc. aren't necessarily natural or healthy.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/01/29/health/steve-jobs-all-fruit-diet
http://health.usnews.com/health-news/articles/2013/02/07/ashton-kutchers-fruitarian-diet-what-went-wrong
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/28/ashton-kutcher-fruit-diet-steve-jobs-pancreas-hospitalized_n_2566289.html