[FoRK] Concrete results

Stephen Williams sdw at lig.net
Sun Jun 16 14:50:56 PDT 2013

On 6/16/13 2:07 PM, Damien Morton wrote:
> Thorium, as previously noted, is essentially unlimited for use in
> [presently non-existent  reactors that consume radioactive waste.

Mostly true, but being used by a company called Thor (!) in Norway (of course) in a conventional reactor, mixed with uranium.
http://www.smartplanet.com/blog/bulletin/norway-ringing-in-thorium-nuclear-new-year-with-westinghouse-at-the-party/6421

The feasibility is widely believed to have already been proved.

But there are plenty of skeptics:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2011/jun/23/thorium-nuclear-uranium