[FoRK] Concrete results

Noon Silk noonslists at gmail.com
Mon Jun 17 02:35:54 PDT 2013

On Mon, Jun 17, 2013 at 7:29 PM, Eugen Leitl <eugen at leitl.org> wrote:

> [...]
>
> We've wasted the last 40 years. Now we will have to
> pay the price. We can still negotiate that the worst
> outcome will be prevented.
>
> But that would require
>
> a) widespread realization that there is a problem

Is this actually necessary? Wouldn't it suffice to make sure the right
people realise there is a problem and hence initiate some sort of
appropriate change?

(I guess the trivial answer to my question is yes; but perhaps your claim
is that it is not possible to make the required changes [I'm not entirely
sure what they are, but I suppose your links comment on that] without "most
people" backing it. It's not obvious to me that this is necessary, though.
But I suppose it's probably at worst useful. I guess my point here is maybe
instead of convincing people to do something, we should all just shutup and
do it.)

--
Noon Silk