[FoRK] Dr. Ron Paul and his pitch concerning the new National ID system.

Noon Silk noonslists at gmail.com
Mon Jun 17 06:12:23 PDT 2013

The argument is IMHO quite bad. Almost every country has a National ID in
the form of drivers license and/or passport. It is hardly tyrannical.

The problem isn't a National ID per se, it's surely the particular
implementation (to me anything with biometric in it is patently bad, among
other things), so the whole tone of this argument is just terrible.

For example, a proper national ID is probably a great thing, with suitable
privacy protections put in place; surely this should be the focus of the
discussion, instead of whining about "american liberty".

On Mon, Jun 17, 2013 at 10:57 PM, <mdw at martinwills.com> wrote:

> >From an email sent to me by Dr. Ron Paul (I already recognize it is a plea
> from the right-wing so please don't flame.).  Corroborates the recent
> Guardian article stating that the U.S. Government is now viewing it's
> citizens as the enemy and they need to prevent their uprising:
>

> "The vote on the new National ID system may take place as soon as NEXT
> WEEK.
>
> Already, Barack Obama's snoop-state insiders at the NSA have a massive
> database full of BILLIONS of emails, phone records, and Internet usage of
> American citizens.
>
> Imagine all of that information being tied to a tamper-proof, National ID
> Card with biometric tracking technology that EVERY American is required to
> own and carry.
>
> It sounds like something out of George Orwell's 1984.
>
> But without your IMMEDIATE action, I'm afraid this Orwellian nightmare
> will be a harsh reality for every man, woman, and child in America.
>
> The battle over a National ID Card set to occur in the U.S. Senate next
> week is one of the most critical fights we've faced in years.
>
> The outcome of this fight could determine whether America turns back
> toward Liberty - or continues down a slide toward full-scale tyranny.
>
> Based on the recent revelations that Barack Obama's National Security
> Agency (NSA) has been snooping through the emails and phone records of
> millions of Americans each and every day, I'm convinced a National ID Card
> is the statists' crown jewel.
>
> You see, the NSA has been gathering audio, video, email, photographic, and
> Internet search usage of Americans who use major providers such as
> Facebook, Google, Microsoft, Apple, and Yahoo.
>
> Their ultimate goal is an America where federal bureaucrats can track our
> every move.
>
> And the biometric tracking technology contained within the over 800-page
> "Immigration Reform" monstrosity would allow them to do just that. "
>
> See attached video:
>
> 'http://chooseliberty.org/nationalidcardsb.aspx?pid=0616b'

Noon Silk