[FoRK] [liberationtech] Help test the new Tor Browser!

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Mon Jun 17 07:02:06 PDT 2013

----- Forwarded message from Jacob Appelbaum <jacob at appelbaum.net> -----

Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2013 13:45:23 +0000
From: Jacob Appelbaum <jacob at appelbaum.net>
To: liberationtech <liberationtech at lists.stanford.edu>
Subject: [liberationtech] Help test the new Tor Browser!

Hi,

I'm really excited to say that Tor Browser has had some really important
changes. Mike Perry has really outdone himself - from deterministic
builds that allow us to verify that he is honest to actually having
serious usability improvements. I really mean it - the new TBB is
actually awesome. It is blazing fast, it no longer has the sometimes
confusing Vidalia UI, it is now fast to start, it now has a really nice
splash screen, it has a setup wizard - you name it - nearly everything
that people found difficult has been removed, replaced or improved.
Hooray for Mike Perry and all that helped him!

Here is Mike's email:

 https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-talk/2013-June/028440.html

Here is the place to download it:

 https://people.torproject.org/~mikeperry/tbb-3.0alpha1-builds/official/

Please test it and please please tell us how we might improve it!

All the best,
Jacob
--
Too many emails? Unsubscribe, change to digest, or change password by emailing moderator at companys at stanford.edu or changing your settings at https://mailman.stanford.edu/mailman/listinfo/liberationtech

----- End forwarded message -----