[FoRK] [liberationtech] NSA flag terms

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Tue Jun 18 08:56:44 PDT 2013

On Tue, Jun 18, 2013 at 08:51:21AM -0700, Gregory Alan Bolcer wrote:
> Are you sure it's not just a carefully laid Monster's Inc. viral ad
> strategy?  Monster's University is currently being promoted and the
> Scully and Pixar references.

It's tongue in cheek, it's certainly not a real list (or we'd
have to kill you, natch). But there are definitely some juicy
terms on it which will make Naruses blink, so some wider
circulation was warranted. Think of it as a harmless
spike in false positives, and easy enough to filter
retroactively.

It's pretty easy to produce some credible communication
patterns actually, which are likely to trigger further
data collection.

We do that quite regularly here. There are lists which
are even juicier.