[FoRK] Office365.com massive email fail

Stephen D. Williams sdw at lig.net
Tue Jun 18 12:17:49 PDT 2013

Obviously not my decision (executive culpa), but at some point email was switched from Gmail to Office365.com.  Annoying, but
Thunderbird via Imap plus Lightning for calendar (personal, but not others) with the web client interface for the rest of
calendaring and resetting passwords sort of works.  Until Microsoft tried to update the email servers and web client.  Now, every
couple days, they have almost nothing but spurious errors.  With Thunderbird, this is highly apparent.  With Outlook, they must have
resigned themselves to a failing, overloaded, slow email server (Exchange) long ago and generally hide and constantly retry
operations that get errors.

So, massive fail.  But people will cling to the Outlook client enough to constitute serious momentum for a while.  Anyway, consider
yourself warned.

http://community.office365.com/en-us/forums/158/t/83189.aspx
Interesting, and maddening.  So they've been having this problem since at least January 30th and they haven't fixed it?

If you look at the last messages, the problem is happening on the Exchange protocol for some also, the Outlook client is just hiding
it except for email messages not sent or received for long periods of time.

http://community.office365.com/en-us/forums/158/t/83189.aspx?PageIndex=11