[FoRK] OK, which one of you old time HTTP spec guys is responsible for "referer"?

Lucas Gonze lucas.gonze at gmail.com
Tue Jun 18 13:40:02 PDT 2013

http://www.hpl.hp.com/personal/ange/archives/archives-95/http-wg-archive/0442.html

*John Franks* (*john at math.nwu.edu* <john at math.nwu.edu>)
*Thu, 9 Mar 1995 22:46:47 -0600 (CST)*

Has anyone else noticed that the HTTP header "Referer:" is spelled wrong?

*Roy T. Fielding* (*fielding at avron.ICS.UCI.EDU* <fielding at avron.ICS.UCI.EDU>)
*Thu, 09 Mar 1995 21:24:23 -0800*

That's okay, neither one (referer or referrer) is understood by "spell"
anyway.  I say we should just blame it on France.  ;-)