[FoRK] busy, busy, busy!

Joseph S. Barrera III joe at barrera.org
Tue Jun 18 18:40:04 PDT 2013

Just by trying to eat today at Google, I ran into two folks I used to
work with. One was the database guru at Nuasis (a startup I contracted
for) who ended up snared by the Motorola acquisition, and one was a
fellow CMU graduate student who went on to DEC-SRL (much more
prestigious than Microsoft!) and has continued doing hardware and
operating systems and has ended up in the Chrome OS group.

I may have mentioned that my current boss was a member of the V group at
Stanford (funding/publishing competitor with Mach) and also worked with
Chorus (ibid).

I'm realizing I have no idea how many people I know currently work at
Google. I guess I'll have to eat more to find out.

And for every person I meet who I didn't realize worked at Google, I
learn about another person I know who *used* to work at Google.

No wonder the traffic is so f*ing bad right around Google. I'm saving up
for a helicopter... or maybe a boat?

- Joe

P.S. YOU KNOW WHO I HAVEN'T RUN INTO? ROHIT. hmmm