[FoRK] what the hell, facebook

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Thu Jun 20 07:03:19 PDT 2013

On Wed, Jun 19, 2013 at 08:49:24PM -0700, Stephen Williams wrote:
> On 6/19/13 7:58 PM, Ken Meltsner wrote:
> >Clearly age discrimination, since I suspect there are lots of young
> >arrogant people there.
>
> The distribution of arrogance skews to youth, don't you think?

Arrogance is when attitude exceeds ability.
There's no way for an interviewer to be able
to gauge that whithout knowing the applicant's
full accomplishment track.

Of course younger people are more arrogant, they don't
yet have the limits of their ability charted.
Dunning-Kruger can diminish with age.